Steve Jobs is not just a name but a brand and a visionary. He left this world but his products and his inspiring thoughts didn’t. We can learn a lot from him, he may not be the greatest guy ever lived in this world, but still he started from nothing and built something marvellous. In this article I have shared some of the inspirational and motivational Steve Jobs quotes that will change your thinking.
Inspirational Steve Jobs Quotes
1. “Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.”
You’ll always have criticism no matter what field you are in. I don’t know how you take criticism (or maybe it depends on the person who is giving that), but if you are not comfortable with it, just trust your inner voice and move on.
2. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.”
Like Confucius (Chinese Philosopher) said, “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” If you love what you do, then it is not a job for you, it is more or less like your passion and you’ll do your best there.
3. “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful … that’s what matters to me.”
Don’t ever focus on money, it is just a by-product of success. If you focus on doing things or achieving goals which are not in terms of money, then you’ll feel wonderful at night when you go to bed.
4. “Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.”
Most of us think design is something which is basically outer appearance of something, but unfortunately it isn’t, it is something that also deals with how it works. The mechanism of a product should also be considered along with its appearance.
5. “My job is not to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even better.”
Sometimes you shouldn’t be easy on everyone. It will look good, but it will restrict them from achieving what they are capable of. If you have seen the movie “Whiplash (2014)” you’ll understand what I’m saying.
6. “Sometimes life is going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.”
You can’t expect your life to be positive every time. You need to fail sometimes to understand what it means to survive without any hope.
[Tweet “”Stay hungry. Stay foolish.” ~ Steve Jobs”]
7. “Great things in business are never done by one person, they’re done by a team of people.”
Steve Jobs’s model for business is “The Beatles”, because they were a team and they balanced each other. Even LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman said, “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” I totally agree with this.
8. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.”
It’s good to admit your mistakes instead of keeping it blank. It applies a lot for brands who make mistakes on their Social Media pages. It’s good to come up and apologise for the mistakes you did, so that you can move on with improving your other works.
9. “If you keep your eye on the profit, you’re going to skimp on the product. But if you focus on making really great products, then the profits will follow.”
I personally feel this applies for a lot of blogs and bloggers. If you focus on making money out of your blog, then you’ll lose your blog’s real value. Instead, just focus on building the authority and making good content. Money will follow soon.
10. “Pixar is seen by a lot of folks as an overnight success, but if you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.”
You can take “Marques Brownlee” for example. He runs a popular YouTube channel called “MKBHD”, but most of us think he became an overnight success. But if you look into his Channel he has been making videos for the past 7-8 years (or more). So this is called “Hard Work” and it took a lot of time. Now people search for “MKBHD iPhone 6 review” instead of “iPhone 6 review”. This is success.
11. “Deciding what not to do is as important as deciding what to do.”
Totally true! Sometimes it’s wise to decide what you shouldn’t do instead of focussing on what you should do. Have a list of things you should avoid.
12. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
“Follow your heart”. If you do this, then no matter what happens during the journey, you’ll always end up in the destination you loved. I’m experiencing it and want you to do the same.
These are some of our favorite inspirational Steve Jobs quotes, we’ll be updating this list from time to time. If you feel your favorite Steve Jobs quote is missing, feel free to comment and we’ll add them here.